Gallery Gift Shops
Ever been guilty of enjoying the gift shop more than the exhibition? Here are our top gift shop picks from our favourite institutions that have had their doors closed for much of the year:
Judy Chicago The Dinner Party coaster set £25
Hardback Notebook ‘Charleston Scrumble’ £12.95
Art At Home
- Kana London – Kana London, the ceramics workshop based in Hackney, has launched an online shop where would be workshop goers can find all the gear for pottery at home – from toolboxes and online masterclasses to a Stay Home: Clay and Tool Kit for £35.00.
- Cabaret Drawing Couture – Drawing Cabaret Couture is an independent life drawing production company based in London, who quickly moved online when the pandemic began. Various membership tiers, starting from £12 a month can be found here, giving access to evening zoom links for online drawing classes that take place every week.
Weekly Live Drawing Tier £12
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite London restaurants offering gift vouchers this season ahead of when they reopen their doors:
- Circus – Covent Garden’s “dinner and a show” Circus restaurant, is offering gift packages from the likes of The Ringmaster’s Tasting Menu experience to The Fire-Breathing bar experience from £20.
- The Bloomsbury – Make the most of a trip to London’s most Instagrammable restaurant, Dalloway Terrace or get ready for a Champagne Afternoon Tea with gift vouchers from £40. Use code 10BLOOMSBURY at checkout to receive 10% off. Available until 30 November 2020.
- Amazonico – Amazonico’s £50 gift vouchers are the perfect gift to spoil the true foodie in your life.
Networking in these times can be tough, but the private members club still has a place in 2020, with clubs breaking new ground in the digital world to connect with their members:
- Allbright – The AllBright club, was the first female-only members’ club in the UK. It describes itself as “a space for working women to convene, collaborate and network in order to help change the current economic landscape for women.” For 2020, Allbright has launched The AllBright Digital Membership which is available to all women – from executives to entrepreneurs and freelancers, to return-to-work mothers looking to upskill, expand their network and connections or pivot their existing career. Allbright is offering a free 14-day trial for the digital membership, which is priced at £100/$125 annually (or £15/$19 monthly. Physical clubs are located in London and West Hollywood from £700 ($920) per year, plus £300 ($394) joining fee.
Books Books Books!
For those tricky, impossible to buy for, relatives, a good book can be a saviour. As an alternative to Amazon, you might want to try:
- Bookshop.org which just launched for the UK this month as well as US – it compiles all the different independent bookshops and is a rival to Amazon
- Hive Books
- And then good old Waterstones of course!
And if we get back into the shops before Christmas, remember to check the status of highstreet brands who are yet to fulfil payments for their orders from the start of the year which were cancelled due to the pandemic with this #PAYUP Campaign tracker: https://payupfashion.com/tracking-brands/